Monday 25 April 2011

Fantastic Mr Fox Range

Today I have tried to broaden the range and produce another design for the Roald Dahl book jacket series. This one for 'Fantastic Mr Fox'

Inspiration
I like this illustration of the Mr Fox character, it gives a good scene of his personality.


I have referred to the characterized illustration and realistic photograph to develop my own design.
Again I have tried to draw this design in a similar style as the James and the giant peach cover. Large dark shadow and outline, with lined texture. Then photographed and traced in illustrator to develop into a vector.


Colour application in illustrator using live paint, and development of colour pallet.


Considering layout possibilities.





I think the illustration is alright and i have got the posture right. However the face looks blank with out the right attitude or personality. So in the final layout I have croped the drawing to only reveal the legs and tail as this would still identify he is Mr Fox.