Wednesday 1 June 2011

Mogwai Final Boards


I approached this brief initially as a simple poster design brief, but I realized that the poster aspect would just be more of an outcome, so I decided to turn the brief into an event branding based brief that can be applied to multiple outcomes resulting in merchandise. I enjoyed working in Photoshop and experimenting with the image design and almost regret not producing more of it. I felt confident with the initial design direction due positive feed back from peers who enjoy the sort of Music I was trying to visually portray. I have also investigated how the design can be adapted for different printing techniques and forms. From A2 digital poster print to screen printed onto fabric with hand mixed pigments. The printing methods worked but I feel the T-shirts didn't come out as textured as I hoped based on the poster turn out and digital t-shirt mock ups. Overall I felt this was a successful brief and reflects my ability to create diverse imagery to suit different briefs and outcomes.