Monday 16 May 2011

Wine lable and considering colour pallet





I have been looking a font combinations for the description for the wine bottle. I think the Droid family would be well suited for the bottles. I have combine Droid Sans and Droid Serif for both labels. Then considered color combinations for both, The Merlot (being fruity) I have applied berry colors and for the Pinot Grigio a dry crisp white wine with a hint of citrus I have applied greens and yellows.
I considered contrasting colours such as this purple and yellow, But I don't think it reflects the flavors well or appeal as a refreshing drink.









Made a daft mistake today!
I liked the white design and thought it worked well with the colour of the wine in the backdrop and gave the extra 'dry' appearance I was looking for. However then remembered you cant print white onto transparent plastic stickers.
The only way to do this design I think is to draw the outline of the design onto white stickers and cut around the edge myself or with the laser cutter. However the font is a very small point and it would be very difficult cut out around the thin detail and twig shapes.

So I have been considering other colours that may work and are possible to print onto transparent stickers.