Wednesday 4 May 2011

Poster designed to scale

After producing the previous Mogwai designs and playing around with some colour combinations in Photoshop. It occurred to me that the paint smudges can appear to look like smoke, a nice connection to the 'burning' title. I think the Grey also looks grate against the cyan- blue colour.
Here are some more experimentation s...


These posters have also been designed to the right spec and text content, as outlined in the brief.
W 12 5/8" (12.625)
H 21 3/8" (21.375)
FYI
The black boarders are not part of the design they are only used to indicate the sides of the stock.








I have produced quite a few alternative layouts and now I am starting to go off the design. I'm not sure if they give off the clear 'rock vibe' that I am trying to visualize.