Saturday 21 May 2011

Love in the time of Cholera alsmost finished

Now that I have skimmed through the book and read a few summery s of the plot I have a good Idea what happens in the novel.


I have decided to include the paddle boat and pet parrot into the design.
The parrot is a symbol of Juvenal Urbino's character and marks the start of the novel when he dies trying to capture the bird. His character is also central to the plot, by marring Fermina Daza, preventing her to be with the man she really loves.
The man she really loves is Florentino Ariza, who spends most of the novel on a paddel boat, wishing he was with her.

I found this grate vintage image of the steam/paddle boat, similar to the one in the novel. I have used it as reference when drawing out the boat vector. Google images are so helpful!



It is the colour pallet I have chosen, along with the word 'Love' in the title that I think best reflects the tone of the novel.
As with the 'one hundred years of solitude' I have tried to also show the setting of the novel. In this case the Caribbean. I think the warm soft yellow backgrond does this well.




Too many leaves?