Monday 9 May 2011

The Witches, Potion design - RANGE




I had a quick read of 'The Witches' the other day to remind myself of the story. Keeping to the style of the James and the Giant Peach design, above, I wanted to produce one image for the focus point on the cover that has a main reference to the story.
This design is based on the potion used by the witches to transform children into mice. However the plan back fires and the witches end up drinking the potion themselves and become mice.
I have used a purple colour pallet to appear mysterious and magical. I'm not to sure the shape of the bottle is working so I am going to draw out a few more alternatives. i.e the design below looks more like a salt shaker.







I like the purple against the yellow puffin logo. I am still considering the layout and type combinations as well.